APPLIES TO PARTICIPANTS RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID FOR PARTICIPANTS RESIDING IN QUEBEC OR ANYWHERE ELSE OUTSIDE THE ABOVE-STATED RESIDENCE TERRITORY OR, WHEREVER PROHIBITED. THIS GIVEAWAY WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Fypon 2020 ‘Fypon iPad Giveaway’ is open only to 2020 IBS (International Builder’s Show) attendees at time of entry. Officers, directors, and employees of the Sponsor (as defined below), members of the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and their respective spouse, regardless of where they live) and household members (whether or not related thereto) of each such persons, as well as officers, directors and employees of Sponsor’s parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies and its advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible. Must be 18 years old for eligibility. The Sweepstakes are subject to all Federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations within the Residence Territory and are void in all other jurisdictions including Quebec, and wherever prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Giveaway is sponsored by Fypon, 1750 Indian Wood Circle, Maumee, Ohio, 43537, (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules and Reassignment of Entry: Participation in the contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules in a timely manner.
4. Entry Period: The Giveaway begins on January 21st at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on January 23rd at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Entry Period”). Entries received outside of the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. Online Entry: To enter, a 2020 International Builders Show (IBS) attendee must meet the residency requirements and must be given a card invite with instructions to participate. Attendees must follow the provided link, filling out his/her information and submitting his/her entry. Only one entry from each eligible participant will be considered valid. Each online entry must be complete and include name, mailing address and e-mail address for entry to be valid. Entries that are incomplete or that contain errors, trademarks/logos, copyrighted images or inappropriate/derogatory/defamatory images, language, nudity or profanity will be automatically disqualified. Fypon is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, altered, or destroyed entries.
Multiple online entries for the same participant will be void and will not be eligible.
6. Drawings/Odds of Winning: One (1) winner will be drawn on Friday, January 24th at 10:00 am EST, by Fypon, at random, from all valid entries received up until the drawing time. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the applicable Entry Period, up until the drawing time. Potential winners must accept being selected as a winner within five (5) days of being contacted by Sponsor in order for Fypon to mail the giveaway prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to make contact, or potential winner does not accept being selected as a winner within five (5) days of being notified, potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, Fypon may select an alternate potential winner at random from all eligible entries received.
7. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winner once contacted may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”), within five (5) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release, such potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner. Fypon’s decisions will be final, binding and non-appealable in all matters relating to this Giveaway. The selected participant must be in full compliance with all Official Rules (including the residency requirements) to be eligible to be the winner. By accepting the Prize, the winner represents to having validly submitted their entry and confirms his/her consent to these Official Rules.
9. Prize: One (1) winner (2020 International Builder Show attendee) will receive one (1) Apple iPad mailed to their home address. The total approximate retail value of the prize is $329.00.
No prize substitutions, cash substitutions, or transfers permitted. Prizes may not be assigned prior to being awarded to winner. Fypon reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is not available.
11. Entry Errors/Tampering: Fypon reserves the right to void all entries made through any third-party web site or service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a web site/service or entry method, as applicable. Fypon is not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, postage-due or misdirected, or not received by Fypon or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; (iii) destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, or telephone transmissions; (v) damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer or wireless device or its contents; (vi) causes beyond Fypon’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway; (vii) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (viii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (ix) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Giveaway, or in the announcement of prize(s) or prize winner(s); (x) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (xi) cheating or fraud by any participant.
All incomplete, illegible or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Fypon’s property and will not be returned.
If for any reason the Giveaway cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Fypon that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Givewaway, or if the Giveaway is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Fypon reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Giveaway and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winner(s) from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination. Fypon reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE GIVEAWAY OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Limitations on Liability: By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Fypon, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Giveaway or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her) or his/her participation in prize-related activities (if applicable).
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of his/her prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods, (as applicable) and/or the respective affiliates of each of the foregoing. Furthermore, each winner, by accepting a prize, acknowledges that Fypon and Administrator have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
13. Consent to Publicity: By accepting a prize, the winner further irrevocably consents to use of his/her name, voice, statements and/or likeness for advertising, promotion, public relations or trade purposes in commerce and in any media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
14. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: By participating, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the State of Ohio; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio.